Thank you for putting so much time and effort into helping others with this horrible pest. There's nothing worse in my opinion than mites. I followed your instructions 2 years ago and erradicated them after picking them up at someone's house I was helping pack and move. This time from a hotel bed. I'm one of the lucky 4 out of 270!! I have 7 people in my family and luckily no one else is infected. This time, though, they are much more aggressive. I caught them early, thankfully. Regardless, I have a few questions that 2 years ago, due to circumstances I didn't have.
1. 3 of us don't have more than 8 hours at night. Is permethrin still going to be effective with 7-8 hours or should i treat a 3rd time?
2. I am doing the quarantine method for clothes, but live in a humid and wet environment. Outside sunning things isn't an option. We are using the car since it gets the hottest during the day. Thoughts?
3. Random: should I replace everyone's deodorant?
4. What do you recommend for clothes in dressers, storage, and closets? Are they fine?
5. How often should I spray the permethrin on carpets, furniture, baseboards?
6. I stored my 1st bottle of permethrin in the garage where over the last 2 yrs it has seen extreme heat and cold. Do you think it is still effective to use or should i just replace it?
7. Thoughts on using these treatments on children's skin?
First of all, thanks so much for this level-headed website!
Next up my Q. I've been through 4 treatments in the past 4 weeks (3 permethrin 5%, 1 ivermectin pill. 1 treatment/week: Permethrin, Permethrin, Ivermectin, Permethrin) + some aloe vera home remedy.
Most of my rashes have subsided, but I still notice new blister like scabies marks popping up on my left hand (last time this happened, Permethrin cream got rid of them), and my feet look worse than when I started, with all marks being very red (but not super itchy, only a bit)... though by all accounts, 4 treatments I've been through are even overkill and should statistically mean I'm 100% cured... I made sure to get all the parts of my body with Permethrin cream, including nails, belly button etc.
Is this just post scabies being flushed out of my body, or do I still have a live mite in there somewhere? I feel many people seem to have worse looking skin after treatments, and there is very little online to alleviate any concerns!
I am going to the Dr. again tomorrow, but they take this whole thing very lightly.
Any input is appreciated.